About the Journal
The International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management (IJPHM) is the premier online journal related to multidisciplinary research on Prognostics, Diagnostics, and System Health Management. IJPHM is the archival journal of the Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Society. It exists to serve the following objectives:
- To provide a focal point for dissemination of peer-reviewed PHM knowledge.
- To promote multidisciplinary collaboration in PHM education and research.
- To encourage and assure establishment of professional standards for the practice of PHM.
- To improve the professional and academic standing of all those engaged in the practice of PHM.
- To encourage governmental and industrial support for research and educational programs that will improve the PHM process and practice.
The Journal supports these goals by providing a venue for archival publication of peer-reviewed results from research and development in the area of PHM. We define PHM as a system engineering discipline focused on assessing the current status and well as predicting the future condition of a component and/or system of components.
PHM is broader than any single field of engineering: it draws from electrical, electronics, mechanical, civil, and chemical engineering, computer and materials science, reliability, test and measurement, artificial intelligence, physics, and economics. IJPHM seeks to publish multidisciplinary articles from industry, academia, and government in diverse application areas such as energy, aerospace, transportation, automotive, and industrial automation. IJPHM is dedicated to all aspects of PHM: technical, management, economic, and social.