Fault isolation problem for sensor and actuator in nonlinear dynamic systems is studied. Parame- ter interval based fault isolation method has fast isolation speed and fits many kinds of nonlinear dynamic systems. This method is extended to the isolation of sensor fault and actuator fault. The example shows good performance.
How to Cite
Diagnosis and fault isolation methods, Sensor fault isolation, Actuator fault isolation, Parameter interval
(2) De Persis, C., and Isidori, A. (2001). A geometric approach to nonlinear fault detection and isolation. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 46(6), pp 853-865.
(3) Hammouri, H., Kabore, P., Othman, S., and Bis- ton, J. (2002). Failure diagnosis and nonlinear observer application to a hydraulic process. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 339, pp 455-478.
(4) Comtet-Varga, G., Cassar, J. Ph., and Staroswiecki, M. (1997). Analytic redundancy relations for state affine systems. Proceedings of the fourth European Control Conference (ECC’97, Brussels, Belgium).
(5) Staroswiecki, M., and Comtet-Varga, G. (2001). Analytical redundancy relations for fault detection and isolation in algebraic dynamic systems. Automatica, 37, pp 687-699.
(6) Zhang, Q. (2000). A new residual generation and evaluation method for detection and isolation of faults in non-linear systems. International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, 14 (2000) 759-773.
(7) Xu, A., and Zhang, Q. (2004). Nonlinear system fault diagnosis based on adaptive estimation. Automatica, 40, pp 1181-1193.
(8) Zetao Li and B.Dahhou (2006). Parameter Intervals used for Fault Isolation in Nonlinear Dynamic Systems. International Journal of Modeling, Identification and Control, Vol. 1, No. 3, 2006.
(9) Zetao Li and B.Dahhou (2007). Fault Isolation for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems Based on Parameter Intervals. International Journal of Systems Science, Vol.38, Issue7,2007,pp.531-547.
(10) Zetao Li and B.Dahhou(2008).A New Fault Isolation and Identification Method for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems: Application to a Fermentation Process. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 32 (2008) 2806-2830.
(11) Zhang, X. Parisini, T. Polycarpou, M.M. (2005). Sensor Bias Fault Isolation in a Class of Non- linear Systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, March 2005 Volume: 50, Issue: 3, On page(s): 370- 376.
The Prognostic and Health Management Society advocates open-access to scientific data and uses a Creative Commons license for publishing and distributing any papers. A Creative Commons license does not relinquish the author’s copyright; rather it allows them to share some of their rights with any member of the public under certain conditions whilst enjoying full legal protection. By submitting an article to the International Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society, the authors agree to be bound by the associated terms and conditions including the following:
As the author, you retain the copyright to your Work. By submitting your Work, you are granting anybody the right to copy, distribute and transmit your Work and to adapt your Work with proper attribution under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States license. You assign rights to the Prognostics and Health Management Society to publish and disseminate your Work through electronic and print media if it is accepted for publication. A license note citing the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License as shown below needs to be placed in the footnote on the first page of the article.
First Author et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.